You are not connected to the UCLA Library network. Access to online content and services may require you to authenticate with your library. Off-Campus Access
Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|Named Person:||Ruben Salazar; Charles Champlin; Roy Innis; Jim Bouton; Sam Yorty; Jerry Lewis|
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|Notes:||Morning talk show (two and a half hours, 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. daily).|
|Performer(s):||Host: Regis Philbin.|
|Responsibility:||KHJ-TV, Los Angeles.|
Highlights from the past year, including the following: Conversation with L.A. times reporter and KMEX news director Ruben Salazar; conversation with film critic Charles Champlin and producer Martin Rakin (sp?); conversation with CORE director Roy Innis; conversation with baseball pitcher and writer, Jim Bouton; segment on the death of 14-year-old Alan Fish, hit by a foul ball at Dodger Stadium; Los Angeles Mayor Sam Yorty on the phone from Amsterdam; consumer affairs reporter Theresa Drury (sp?) on dangerous toys; conversation with Jerry Lewis; discussion on abortion; Theresa Drury (sp?) on dishonest auto repair shops.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Salazar, Ruben, -- 1928-1970 -- Interviews.
- Minority journalists -- California -- Los Angeles -- Interviews.
- Mexican American authors -- California -- Los Angeles -- Interviews.
- Champlin, Charles, -- 1926-2014 -- Interviews.
- Congress of Racial Equality.
- Innis, Roy, -- 1934-2017 -- Interviews.
- African American political activists -- Interviews.
- Bouton, Jim -- Interviews.
- Baseball players -- United States -- Interviews.
- Dodger Stadium (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Yorty, Sam, -- 1909-1998 -- Interviews.
- Toy industry -- Corrupt practices.
- Lewis, Jerry, -- 1926- -- Interviews.
- Automobiles -- Maintenance and repair -- Corrupt practices -- California -- Los Angeles.